VACANCY – SIERRA LEONE ELECTRICITY AND WATER REGULATORY COMMISSION (EWRC)
POSITION: Tariff Analyst (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
NUMBER OF POSITION: One (1)
LOCATION: Freetown (With possibility for public
engagement outside Freetown)
REPORTING TO: Head of Economic Regulations
In keeping with Section 23 (1) of the Sierra Leone Electricity and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC) Act of 2011, the Commission hereby invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Tariff Analyst
The Tariff Analyst will serve as principal assistant to the Regulatory Economist for the processing all rates and tariff applications including market analysis, preparing and proposing tariff methodologies to the Commission, applying approved tariff methodologies, drafting aide memoires for Commission public hearings on rates applications, drafting decisions and reasons for decisions for rates and tariff decisions, ensuring that licensees conditions of licence are amended to incorporate decisions on rates and tariffs, developing and applying standard chart of accounts, implementing standard chart of accounts, maintaining on the EWRC website inflation and other data to assist licensees with rates applications, ensuring rates decisions and reasons for decisions are published on EWRC website, preparing Frequently Asked Questions and Guidelines for Licensees documents in relation to use of tariff methodologies and publishing on EWRC website.
He or she will report to the Head of Economic Regulation, and be responsible for providing advice to the Commission on all Tariff Analyst matters.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the highest levels of responsibility, professionalism, leadership, integrity, and Tariff Analyst expertise.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in Economics, Finance, Operations, Research, Statistics, Math, or related analytical discipline preferred. Additional postgraduate qualifications in Economics or qualifications in an area relevant to the mandate of the EWRC will be an added advantage;
- Not less than four (3) years relevant post qualification work experience in Economics;
- A confident individual that can enlist confidence of other staff;
- Knowledge of Sierra Leone’s water supply and electricity sectors;
- Very good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and competence in ICT applications.
- Knowledge and experience in Financial and Economic Analysis;
- Ability to analyze financial statements;
- Knowledge about local laws and best practices in regulatory compliance;
- Ability to use tact, maturity and sound reasoning:
-Ability to perform independently and as a member of a team
- Strong presentation, communication and report writing skills;
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head-Regulatory Economics in and contribute to: Processing all rates and tariff applications including market analysis,
- Preparing and proposing tariff methodologies to the Commission,
- Applying approved tariff methodologies, Drafting aide memoires for Commission public hearings on rates applications,
- Drafting decisions and reasons for decisions for rates and tariff decisions,
- Ensuring that licensees conditions of licence are amended to incorporate decisions on rates and tariffs as required
- Developing and applying standard chart of accounts and implementing same
- Ensure the EWRC website contains information on inflation and other data to assist licensees with rates applications,
- Ensuring rates decisions and reasons for decisions are published on EWRC website, Preparing "Frequently Asked Questions" and "Guidelines For Licensees" documents in relation to use of tariff methodologies for Commission approval and publishing on EWRC website,
- Conducting analysis of EWRC tariff decisions taken over time.
- Provide advice to Head of Economic Regulation as appropriate
- Assist the Head-Regulatory Economics in setting comprehensive plans for the department.
- Studies various types of tariff design and impacts on society and industry Reviews industry analysis of cost recovery requirements, shortfalls and needs Monitors for fairness and consistency in application of tariffs
- Assists in securing compliance with tariff' decisions by licensees
- Studies patterns and trends in tariffs across global industries and compares to EWRC decisions
- Prepares annual tariff's report
- Ensure compliance with Commission decisions on, matters decided upon by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send or email your application addressed to:
The Director General
Sierra Leone Electricity and Water Regulatory Commission
55 Berwick Street
Applicants should ensure their applications include copies of:
a. Detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of relevant certificates
b. Address (including daytime telephone and e-mail) of the applicant
c. Address (including daytime telephone and e-mail) of three Referees
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS THE 5th September 2022
The EWRC is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from women and the people with disabilities. Please note that the EWRC will take into consideration relevant experience both in Sierra Leone and in overseas jurisdictions where candidates have worked.