INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL
FINANCE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (SIERRA LEONE & LIBERIA)
Created in 1979, our Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) – Action Against Hunger – is fighting against hunger in the world. Its mission is to save lives eradicating hunger through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, in particular during and after emergencies caused by conflicts and natural disasters.
In Sierra Leone since 1991, and extended its presence and operations to Moyamba in 2009. Action Against Hunger currently has programmes in the following thematic areas: Health and Nutrition, Food Security and livelihood, WASH and integrated programmes related advocacy. Our presence is in thirty-two communities in Western Area and in four Chiefdoms in Moyamba (Kori, Bumpeh, Kamajei and Upper Banta Chiefdoms).
Currently, Action Against Hunger is working in Liberia intervening in Nutrition, Advocacy at national level, Nutrition and Health in collaboration with the Nutrition Division of ministry of Health
Action Against hunger is recruiting its new Finance Head of Department to ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with Action Against hunger financial management framework and local legislation.
As part of the Senior team management, you will contribute to the definition of the mission finance strategies for Sierra Leone and Liberia in producing high quality and timely financial and budgetary contributions to “proposals” and reports for funding bodies.
You should be able to identify financial risks (exchange rate fluctuations inflation…) making Heads of Department aware of financial risks in their field, alerting the Country Director and headquarters, providing support in the management of risk.
You will be responsible to validate the financial and budgetary aspects of partnership conventions and agreements. Produce high quality and timely financial and budgetary contribution to proposal and reports for funding bodes.
You will manage fraud and corruption in putting in place preventative and monitoring mechanisms and working in close collaboration with Compliance Manager of the mission, sharing any documents, processes and remarks upon request for optimal spot check management.
You will manage a team of four persons and functionally support the Admin base manager in Moyamba and the Finance Manager Liberia.
- Master Degree in Accounting & Finance, Economic or Business Administration.
- Previous NGO field experience in Financial Management, AAH experiences is an asset
- Solid experience of financial accounting, reporting, grants and budgets management
- Good understand of donors regulation and policy
- Proficiency in MS Office, accountancy and supply software (knowledge of Saga and Link is an asset.
- More than 3 years professional experience in general finance management in a humanitarian or development context.
- Action Against Hunger’s experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in Sierra Leone and Liberia is a plus.
Required Competence and Skills:
- Knowledge of donor’s and AAH guidelines
- Internal audit process
- Experience in coaching and team building
- Experience in communicating financial results to managers
- Familiarity with donor's regulation and policies
- Able to take initiatives
- Able to do multi-tasking and prioritise
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Experience working with/through local partners is a plus Experience in coaching and team building
STARTING DATE: 1st September 2019
DURATION OF CONTRACT: One year
REMUNERATION: Le 159,804,000 basic salary per annum
LOCATION: Position based in Freetown with frequent travel to Moyamba and Monrovia (Liberia)
HOW TO APPLY: Motivation letter, CV with names of three (3) referees to be addressed to:
The Human Resources Coordinator
Action Against Hunger
10 Sall Drive, Cockle bay
Off Aberdeen Road
Or at our Field Offices
Moyamba: Sembehun Road, Moyamba
Or at our Liberia Office
Urey Building, Congo Town, Monrovia
Or email to:
Deadline for the receipt of applications is 5th August 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Please state the position applied for on the subject line of your email. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity Employer. Women are strongly encourage to apply
Please be informed that this is National Position and the terms and conditions of Sierra Leone employee will apply.