INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL
HEAD OF LOGISTIC DEPARTMENT (SIERRA LEONE & LIBERIA)
Created in 1979, our Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) – Action Against Hunger – is fighting against hunger in the world. Its mission is to save lives eradicating hunger through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, in particular during and after emergencies caused by conflicts and natural disasters.
In Sierra Leone since 1991, and extended its presence and operations to Moyamba in 2009. Action Against Hunger currently has programmes in the following thematic areas: Health and Nutrition, Food Security and livelihood, WASH and integrated programmes related advocacy. Our presence is in thirty-two communities in Western Area and in four Chiefdoms in Moyamba (Kori, Bumpeh, Kamajei and Upper Banta Chiefdoms).
Currently, Action Against Hunger is working in Liberia intervening in Nutrition, Advocacy at national level, Nutrition and Health in collaboration with the Nutrition Division of ministry of Health
Action Against hunger is recruiting its new Head of Logistics Department To secure sound logistical performance and coordination at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support for Sierra Leone and Liberia.
As part of the Senior team management you will contribute to the definition of the mission logistics strategies for Sierra Leone and Liberia in making logistics data available to other departments and producing high quality and timely logistics contributions to "proposals" and reports for funding bodies
You will coordinate logistics at national level for Sierra Leone and Liberia mission Logistics in implementing Action against hunger logistics regulations throughout the mission and ensuring compliance with them.
You will contribute to security management policy for the Sierra Leone and Liberia missions
In updating the national security plan; implementating of all safety measures, and coordinating training sessions for the teams about security and the related use of resources
You will promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics mission partners in participating in the process of selecting partners and validating the risk analysis in logistical matters submitted by the bases.
You will manage fraud and corruption in putting in place preventative and monitoring mechanisms and working in close collaboration with Compliance Manager of the mission, sharing any documents, processes and remarks upon request for optimal spot check management
You will manage a team of eleven persons and functionally support the logistic managers in Moyamba and Liberia
- Masters/Bachelor degree in Management, Logistics, Mechanic or related field
- More than 5-7 years professional experience in general logistics management in a humanitarian or development context.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience within a coordination
- Action Against Hunger’s experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience working at international level is a plus
Required Competence and Skills:
- The candidate should also have strong leadership, remote management and capacity building skills.
- Familiarity with donor's regulation and policies
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able to take initiatives
- Able to do multi-tasking and prioritise
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills ; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Experience working with/through local partners is a plus Experience in coaching and team building
STARTING DATE: 1st September 2019
DURATION OF CONTRACT: One year
REMUNERATION: Le 159,804,000 basic salary per annum
LOCATION: Position based in Freetown with frequent travel to Moyamba and Monrovia (Liberia)
HOW TO APPLY: Motivation letter, CV with names of three (3) referees to be addressed to:
The Human Resources Head of Department
Action Against Hunger
10 Sall Drive, Cockle bay
Off Aberdeen Road
Or at our Field Offices
Moyamba: Sembehun Road, Moyamba
Or at our Liberia Office
Urey Building, Congo Town, Monrovia
Deadline for the receipt of applications is 5th August 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Please state the position applied for on the subject line of your email. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity Employer. Women are strongly encourage to apply.
Please be informed that this is National Position and the terms and conditions of Sierra Leone employee will apply.