Driver VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Welbodi Partnership is a UK-registered charity working to reduce maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Sierra Leone. Since 2008, Welbodi Partnership has worked in partnership with hospital management, health facility staff, and the Ministry of Health and Sanitation to improve maternal and child health outcomes in the Western Area of Sierra Leone. We do this through a range of health system strengthening activities, staff training, hospital improvement projects, and community engagement.Our vision is that all women and children in Sierra Leone will have access toeffective essential healthcare services characterised by respect and dignity for all, including patients, communities and staff. Our mission is to build the capacity of the health system in Sierra Leone to reduce the number of women and children who are sick, suffer, or die unnecessarily.
Ola During Children’s Hospital serves a crowded and deprived local population, is in easy reach of around 1 million people (1/7 of the population) and is the only national referral centre for paediatrics. Similarly, Princess Christian Maternity Hospital is the only tertiary referral maternity facility in Sierra Leone and only healthcare facility providing Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal services (C-EmONC) across the Western Area District. Based here, we implement capacity building activities to catalyse improvements in maternal and child-care delivery. For further information about our work, please see: www.welbodipartnership.orgROLE PURPOSEThe position is under the supervision of the Logistics Officer and is responsible to transport the WP personnel and materials while maintaining the integrity of the fleet. This function supports all programs and is essential to the implementation of operations in Sierra Leone.
The driver is responsible for the security of the vehicle and staff on board during each movement and should therefore maintain a constant communication with the WP office as required for security reasons.
POSITION Driver LOCATION Freetown, Sierra Leone
START DATE: August 2020
DURATION 8 months –with the possibility of an extension
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3rd August 2020 (only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted)
Vacancy Announcement: Driver
- The driver must follow all WPrules governing the utilization of the vehicles.
- The driver must follow applicable Sierra Leonean traffic law.
- The driver must remind WPrules to all passengers (seat belt, no smoking, no alcohol and adherence to hand hygiene and social distancing measures in line with WP’s COVID-19 policy).
- The driver must be in possession of a valid driver’s license at all times.
- The driver must inspect their vehicle prior to each departure and report any damage to the vehicle or any missing equipment.
- The driver must clean outside and inside of the vehicle when instructed to do so by the Logistics Officer or if it is quite obvious that the vehicle is in need of cleaning,and at the end of every trip, the driver will clean out all rubbish from the inside of the vehicle, and wipe down any spillage stains etc.
- The driver must check that all the documents(vehicle license and insurance)are in date and in the vehicle, notifying the Operations team in advance, when renewal is needed.
- The driver must refuel the vehicle when the tank is half empty.
- The driver must fill for each trip, short or long, the vehicle log sheet.
- The driver must check for any security notice for the area wherehe/she intends to travel before departure.
- All vehicle log sheet must be presented weekly on an assigned day to the LogisticsOfficer and Operations Manager.
- The driver must comply with all security directives issued by the security department for the area where he/she is traveling, ensuring that the vehicle is secured at all times (appropriatelyparked, locked etc).
- The driver must return the keys to the guards at the end of eachshiftfor safe keeping in the box provided forthis.
- The driver must fill a written report for any accident or incident in which he/she is involved.
- Travel between cities is not permitted after dark.•Performs other miscellaneous duties at the request of the Logistics Officer.
- The driver should ensure that thevehicle is not used for any purposes not relating to WP work without the knowledge of the Country Director.
External: MOHs, NGOs, Local uthorities etc.Internal:
Grants Manager, Programmes Manager and staff, Operations Manager, Finance Manager, M&E Manager andS upport Staff.
Vacancy Announcement: Driver
QUALIFICATIONS Education (knowledge):
- Minimum JSS level or other Certificate or Diploma.
- Valid Driving license.Experience:3-4years working experience in a humanitarian setting as a driver and experience in the use of HF and VHF radios communication.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a good team player and troubleshooter, good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must know how to operate HF and VHF radios.
- Must be physically fit.
SKILL & ABILITIES; Mandatory:
- Committed to the mission and principles of the Welbodi Partnership
- Operational management –understand WP policies and systems and applies them effectively;
- The ability to work within a team environment;
- Ability to work with all grades of staff;
- The ability to solve basic problems;
- Can identify issues and problems early and inform line manager;
- Respectful both within the organization and with external interactions;
- The ability to adapt and learn, accept constructive criticism and instructions from superiors;
- Can communicate well both verbally and in basic written communication across all department.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd AUGUST 2020–we encourage potential applicants to submit as soon as possible.
Please include the following in your cover letter (2 pages maximum):a. Reasons for applying to this positionb.
Overview of key experience related to this postc.
Your country of residence and nationality.
Date you are able to commence and duration of availability.Please note: CVs should be no more than 4 pages long. Please do notsend any additional documentation at this stage.
Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be notified.