World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
World Vision International Sierra Leone (WVISL) has been operational since 1996 assisting communities with various interventions in health, education, child protection, water & sanitation and livelihoods.
Applications are requested from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of ‘Programme Effectiveness Director’– Freetown
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To lead a team responsible for Programme Effectiveness through the development and implementation of the National Office Strategy, technical oversight of programme areas, to ensure quality assurance in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of programs and projects in alignment to World Vision standards and industry best practices.
The job holder communicates World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example of others
- Lead the development on implementation of the National Office Strategy; and successful implementation of design, monitoring, and evaluation in World Vision Sierra Leone country programs
- Ensure adequate human and technical resources are available to implement National office objectives; promote the alignment of sector business plans so to meet strategic objectives
- Help build capacity of field level staff and strengthen the skills of the Programme Effectiveness team so that capacity of field level operational staff and Programme Effectiveness staff is enhanced to deliver quality programming
- Engage externally at national level and internally thereby encouraging active participation and representation.
- Ensure technical standards are defined (understood), and appropriate systems are applied in programmes and projects, technical standards and processes developed to aid project implementation at the field level.
- Develop simple and contextualized tools for proper delivery on Design Monitoring and Evaluation processes (assessment, designs, monitoring and evaluation, reflections, etc) for the support to quality assurance in programmes; ensuring Child Protection is mainstreamed into Design Monitoring and Evaluation processes, and all programmes and projects.
- Effectively supervise and mentor the Risk Manager, Gender and Advocacy Manager, Livelihoods Advisor, Design Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Knowledge Management and Systems Manager.
- Lead research and learning on various program, projects, and document best practices to enhance effective program and project implementation.
- Ensure adequate tools are in place to monitor and document impact in all programme areas. Facilitate information management and flow to ensure a smooth working relationship with other departments.
- Ensure adequate and timely follow up and tracking of all audit recommendation relating to your Function as agreed in the Management Response and champion Child Safe Organizational practices (e.g. children are not hired to execute World Vision projects, report/refer cases of abuse perpetrated by staff and non-staff ...etc)
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and lead in daily devotions.
- Champions Child Safe Organization practices (e.g. children are not hired to execute World Vision International Sierra Leone projects, report/refer cases of abuse perpetrated by staff and non-staff ...etc)
- Management, team-building skills required.
- Perform other duties as required.
WVI GENERAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Build Relationships
- Learn and Develop
- Partner and Collaborate
- Deliver Results
- Be Accountable
- Improve and Innovate
- Embrace Change
WVI LEADERSHIP CORE COMPETENCIES
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: A Master’s Degree in development Studies or Social Sciences or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ field working experience on Design Monitoring and Evaluation and programme management.
- At least seven (7) years progressive experience in the humanitarian and development sector
- Strong skills in research methodology, and application of data analysis using computer programs.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & CAPABLITIES
- Computer Skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Working knowledge and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in English
- Capabilities to identify needs in staff training
- Abilities to maintain effective working relationships with all staffs and all other partners
- Abilities to work with team and contribute in building team spirit,
Applications sent through any other means will not be accepted. Please ensure that the subject reads ‘Application for the position of ‘Programme Effectiveness Director’. Referees of successful candidates will be contacted and each application should include referees’ current email and telephone numbers.
Closing Date: April 13, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision International Sierra Leone takes diligent measures to screen out people who might seek to
work with them to ensure they do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries in the discharge of their duties.
Successful candidate for this position will therefore be screened and required to sign the World Vision Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision International Sierra Leone will also conduct Police check for successful applicant.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY